- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 03-30-2015
Back pain or neck pain is one of the most common reasons why people visit the doctor. 80% of the people suffer from back pain at least at one point in their lives. Although, in some cases back pain or neck pain may lead to some serious issues, sometimes it can go away on it’s own. However, sometimes if there are injuries, and these injuries are left untreated, even if the pain goes away, it can lead to problems later.
Back and neck pain also may not necessarily be due to heavy lifting. Everyday activities can cause issues, even if they seem harmless.
Neck pain can be due to a number of common reasons such as:
- Painting the ceiling, rendering the fatigue of neck muscles.
- Sleeping with your neck twisted or poor choice of pillow.
- Working at computer for longer hours.
- Riding a horse
- Playing with your kids
If neck pain continues and intensifies, it may spread to the shoulders, arms and upper back.
Back pain may not always be due to heavy lifting, although it is one of the most common causes. Some other common and not so widely acknowledged reasons of back pain are:
- Osteoarthritis, is a condition in which the cartilage that protects the joints between the vertebrae is worn out leading to back pain.
- Some studies show that stress, depression, anxiety and dissatisfaction with the work also cause back pain.
- Degenerative disc diseases and arthritis are a leading cause of acute and chronic back pain.
- Enjoying some sort of recreational activity such as playing with kids or a pet etc.
- Riding a horse
- Shoveling snow
Although, some of the time back pain or neck pain runs its course and goes away, that is not always the case. But if the pain continues, there are certain treatment options one can opt for. One of the most effective treatments is chiropractic treatment. It includes spinal manipulation as well as other treatment modalities, that help decrease back and neck pain. Also, chiropractic does not carry the side effects of traditional medicine.
You don’t have to stop living life, so call Lexington Family Chiropractic today and get feeling better!
Dr. Heath Gallentine
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.