- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 02-26-2016
Consider the complexity of bones, muscles, and ligaments that meet at the elbow joint and it is a wonder that people don't experience elbow pain more often. If you do experience elbow pain, consider chiropractic care for relief.
The first thing your chiropractor will do is identity the root cause of your elbow pain.
The most common conditions causing elbow pain include:
Tennis Elbow, a form of tendonitis experienced as pain or soreness on the outside of the elbow. Tennis elbow results from overuse of the joint, leading to damage in the muscles and tendons connected to the forearm.
- Posterior Tennis Elbow is the same as tennis elbow, except it affects the underside of the elbow.
- Posterior Impingement Syndrome is caused by repeated overextension of the arm, causing the tip of one bone to jam with the other. Joint lining inflammation is the earliest symptom.
All three of these can be treated with chiropractic care.
Treatments you are likely to undergo include:
- Graded exercise programs, which refer to a physical program starts slow and gradually intensifies over time.
- Myofascial release, a hands on technique in which your chiropractor will apply gentle but sustained pressure to the affected muscle tissue.
- Cross friction massage, used to maintain mobility and prevent scaring.
- Joint manipulation
Chiropractors have a handful of ways to deal with the cause of your pain, not just the symptom. Here at Lexington Family Chiropractics, we will provide you with personalized treatment for your specific symptoms and needs. Contact us today to make an appointment.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.