- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 03-20-2016
Are you lugging your laptop to and from work each day? Doing so can really harm your back and spine, so Lexington chiropractor offers these tips when choosing a laptop bag.
- Choose a lightweight, but durable bag. Some are heavy before they even have anything in them.
- Multiple compartments help you stay organized, and also distributes weight more evenly.
- A padded bag will keep you comfortable, and decrease the chance of pens or pencils poking you.
- Choose a bag with padded, wide shoulder straps. Thin straps that dig into the shoulder can cause issues with circulation and nerves.
- You should not carry more than 10 to 15% of your body weight in the bag. An 80 pound woman should only carry between 8 and 12 pounds in the bag. Make sure the weight stays down by not carrying unnecessary items.
- Switch shoulders regularly. It may be easier to throw it over one shoulder, but it can cause damage to the back.
Laptop bags are often necessary and they do a great job of keeping your computer safe. But if start to suffer from back pain, numbness, or tingling, it may be a warning sign that the bag is problematic.
If symptoms persist, and you are in the Lexington area, contact us. Lexington Family Chiropractic can help back, spine, and nerve pain that may be a result of carrying your laptop bag.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.