- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 04-03-2016
We've got six ways to improve your lower back pain, and, let's face it, that's a great goal for anyone experiencing chronic or sporadic back pain. Dealing with back pain is something that many Americans have to work through every day. This being the case, any advice or assistance can make all the difference. Let's get started.
Stay mobile: One of the keys to managing back pain is to stay mobile. Regular exercise while keeping your back in mind does a lot in keeping that pain manageable.
- Use Heat/Cold: Applying cold to the back can help tighten the muscles while applying heat can help relax them. Doing a repetitive combination of these two will help relax most back pain.
- Stretch: Doing yoga or a regular stretching exercise for the back helps a lot with most back pain. This is especially true if you do such stretches on a daily or semi-daily basis.
- Posture, posture, posture: When you sit for long periods of time, keeping your back straight and head upright will help your posture and help mid and upper back pain.
- Watch your weight: Keep your weight under control. Getting too heavy can put a lot of strain on your back. Keep exercising and eat right.
- Avoid heels: If you wear high heels, this can greatly contribute to your back pain. Avoid high heels and try to tend towards flats on a regular basis.
To talk more about this, or anything else, please contact us for tips and practical assistance. We would be honored to help with your back pain issues together! Thanks.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.