- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 09-08-2016
Painful muscle strains or pulled muscles occur due to overuse or injury. A small tear in the muscle causes symptoms such as pain, swelling, and spasm. Muscle injuries happen most commonly in these areas:
- Adductor muscles
- Abductor muscles
- Hip Flexor
- Upper and lower back
Often overlooked, chiropractic provides an excellent method of alternative pain relief for muscles, joints, and other connective tissues. It can even be used alone or in combination with traditional medical treatment for treatment of muscle strain injuries.
What to expect
The chiropractor will examine the muscle strain first, to determine the origin and severity of the tear then determine a course of treatment. This treatment may include tissue massage, spinal adjustment or manual manipulation. Other services include TENS, heat, and cold therapies.
Inform and prevent
Through the interview, examination and treatment phases information gathered can be used to create a preventative action plan to avoid future injuries.
Tips to Prevent Muscle Strain
1. Be mindful of your posture.
2. Tighten your core abdominal muscles before lifting or strenuous activity.
3. Use proper body mechanics when lifting. Lift using your leg muscles.
4. Stretch your muscles before use.
5. If a muscle begins to cramp or spasm; stop, massage and apply ice to prevent further injury.
Chiropractic may not be your first thought when you strain a muscle, but a well-trained provider can initiate treatment that will provide immediate relief from pain and get you back to normal faster than traditional rest and recovery.
If you are lucky enough to live in the area visit Lexington Family Chiropractic, where we are committed to delivering excellent patient care.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.