- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 11-20-2016
Chiropractic care provides a way to treat pain and disorders in the body naturally. In many cases, regular chiropractic sessions even prevent the need for surgery by allowing the body to naturally heal itself. Patients are often urged to try a combination of chiropractic care and natural super foods to treat common disorders of the back and sciatica before opting to undergo invasive medical procedures. The combination chiropractic/super foods treatment approach has also been shown to help lower blood pressure and reduce headaches.
Many people are probably wondering exactly what foods are considered 'super foods.' Super foods give the body the fuel it needs to heal quickly, ward off diseases, produce energy, and aid in the body's overall functions.
Here are five super foods that you might want to consider adding to your diet while undergoing chiropractic care.
- Broccoli -- Broccoli is in many ways a green miracle. It is packed with vitamin K and vitamin C. It can support and boost bone growth and may even help fight the onset of osteoporosis. The National Cancer Institute states that broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, turnips and cauliflower may help prevent cancer and protect cells from DNA damage.
- Tea -- Freshly brewed green and black teas have been shown to prevent some cancer, fight diabetes, reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer's disease, and boost gum health.
- Garlic -- Garlic is a natural antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal remedy. It also boosts the immune system. The National Cancer Institute states that consuming six cloves of garlic per week will help reduce the risk of developing prostate cancer by 50 percent.
- Beans -- Beans contain abundant fiber and iron. Packed with minerals, beans help the body transport oxygen to its cells. The iron within beans is also more readily absorbed by the body than iron found in most meats.
- Spinach -- Spinach contains an ample amount of vitamins A, C, and K. The green leafy vegetable is also loaded with calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about our chiropractic services at Lexington Family Chiropractic and the benefits of adding super foods to your diet.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.