- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 05-04-2017
Standing desks are popular right now, both in the workplace and schools. In addition to helping people increase productivity and focus, these unique workstations may have a positive effect on health.
- Standing burns more calories than sitting, which can translate to a healthier weight and lower risk of obesity.
- Standing is good for your heart. A recent study shows those who spend a lot of time sitting are at an increased risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Using a standing desk can lower blood sugar levels. Sitting down, especially after lunch, can result in a spike in levels.
- Sitting may put more strain on your back and spine. Those who suffer from certain disc problems and lower back muscle pain usually find more relief when standing.
Standing desks are a good alternative, especially for people whose job requires a lot of desk work. If you are going to try a standing desk there are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, use an anti-fatigue floor mat to reduce strain on the joints and back. Also set up your desk so your computer screen is at eye level, and it is 15 to 30 inches away from your face. If you feel any muscle pain while working, adjust the desk or your stance to eliminate strain.
Standing desks are a very good option for people who want to improve their health, at work, school, or home. The benefits not only help people in the short-term, but because it can help prevent serious illnesses such as heart disease or diabetes, a standing desk could contribute to a longer life.
For more information on improving your overall health through chiropractic care, contact us.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.